Tuition Assistance

Tuition Assistance (TA) is a government benefit offered to current service members of all branches of the Armed Forces to assist with the cost of tuition. Some Department of Defense employees and military spouses may also be eligible to receive a form of Tuition Assistance.

Here you may find information on the general process to request TA and policies for utilizing Military Tuition Assistance. Click your branch of the military below for more specific information relevant to the type of Tuition Assistance you will be using.

As a part of Asher’s commitment to providing you with excellent service, we have a team of professionals available to assist you with any questions you have regarding your Tuition Assistance funding.

If you have questions about any of our offered programs listed below, please visit our Financial Aid page or contact us.

We offer assistance to the following branches & divisions:

  • Air Force
  • Army
  • Coast Guard
  • Marine Corps
  • Navy
  • National Guard
  • Department of Defense
  • MyCAA for Military Spouses

How to Request Tuition Assistance

The process for requesting Tuition Assistance is generally the same for all branches of the military and is outlined in the basic steps below.

  1. Speak with your local Education Office to ensure your eligibility for Tuition Assistance.
  2. Follow their instructions on how to request Tuition Assistance for your course(s). Take note of the timeframe in which you can request your TA indicated in the chart below.
  3. The military approves your TA request.
  4. Ensure the Office of Military Affairs has received your approved TA request for processing. You may be required to submit this to us directly by email: or call 757-723-4809 Ext 103.
  5. The Office of Military Affairs posts the TA credit to your account and you complete Financial Check-In.